Saturday, 26 August 2017

Summer Roundup 2017

Hey!
Next week I am back to school for my final year and instead of moping about this I thought I would share with you a roundup of all the things I did during my holidays. This is my third year to do one, if you would like to read the previous two click HERE and HERE. Before my holidays started I did a bucket list everything I wanted to do.

Reading Material

I read 5 books, I am delighted with that as most of them were fairly thick and I went through phases of reading. I have hit my book challenge target of 12 books already which I am pumped about. I read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Asking For It by Louise O'Neill, The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas and I am currently reading Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. I didn't get all the books I intended on reading read but I got a good bit through the list.

TV And Movies

Netflix has been my main obsession recently and I will take about my favourite shows in a future post. I completely watched Orange is the New Black and Sherlock. I am currently watching How I Met Your Mother, RuPaul's Drag Race, American Horror Story Hotel and Riverdale. Movies wise, I went to see Despicable Me 3 and Baby Driver in cinema, Despicable Me 3 was watchable but I loved Baby Driver. I watched from the comfort of my own home White Chicks, a classic, Legally Blonde, RV and Maid in Manhattan.

YouTube Relaunch

I was getting sick of doing all music related stuff, so I decided to give it a little makeover and relaunch it, I even named it Totally Ró too. Don't worry though, I won't be moving over to YouTube and forgetting about my blog. My blog comes first and YouTube comes second. I have enjoyed making videos especially my Edinburgh one.

Edinburgh

Speaking of Edinburgh, I loved Edinburgh. It is such a beautiful city with loads to do. There's not many places, apart from London, that I would go back to but Edinburgh is definitely going to be revisited. Next time I hope to go during Fringe comedy festival, it will be much busier there but I have done a lot of the touristy bits, so I can just avoid them. A lot of Irish comedians go to Fringe as it is the place where you will make or break in the comedy industry.

Money Saved

I saved €300 for my car, so I have €1000 saved so far. I hope to get another grand saved before I start looking into cars, I think €2000 would be a good budget. I am glad with my progress as it has just taken me over a year to save that up. 

Snap Snap

I am loving Snapchat recently, cheeky plug @totally_ro or my snapcode is at the bottom of my sidebar. My snapscore has doubled since May as I have been constantly snapping every day and chatting about everything under the sun. I show what I am doing and where I am going. I will miss snapping every day when school returns as I won't have as much time to do it.


Scrapbooking

I updated my scrapbook finally with 12 new pages. I love scrapbooking, there's something peaceful about it. Mine isn't the prettiest one but I love it to pieces as it has a lot of adventures in it from the past year.

Exam Attendant

You may or may not know but I was an exam attendant during the Junior and Leaving Cert exams in June. It may sound weird but I really enjoyed it and had an absolute blast with my other classmates doing it. The pay was great and going down town, which we are not allowed to do during the year, was fun as we chilled in the playground as we were such big children.

What have you gotten up to during your Summer holidays?

Thanks for being awesome,


4 comments:

  1. Aaah I'm so glad you liked Edinburgh so much! Did you also climb that monument in the first picture? I got stuck on it XD

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Envy! I did climb that monument and it didn't help that I was wearing skinny jeans so I needed some help.

      Delete
  2. I'm dying to visit Edinburgh! Looks amazing! Sounds like you had a very productive and wonderful summer! x

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Leigh! I would highly recommend to go to Edinburgh, there's so much to see and do. My Summer didn't go completely to waste.

      Delete