Saturday, 3 June 2017

The April and May Edition

Hey!
So, another two months have flown by and now I am just starting my Summer holidays, whoop whoop! It's been a long and hard school year and I am looking forward to relaxing and taking it easy for the next three months. I am going to do something slightly different in this post as I want to try out something different, instead of having favourites, I would like to do a recap of the month with things I did, things I've watched, books I've read and things I am liking. It is not a huge difference but it is a little tweak! Here is what I have been doing the past two months

Things I've Been Watching


13 Reasons Why
I think everyone and their dog has watched this show and if you haven't it is based on a novel of the same name by Jay Asher where the main character Hannah Baker kills herself and leaves 13 tapes addressed to different people about what they did to her and that's what led to her dying. This show is not for the faint-hearted and please don't watch it if you are under the age of 15, I know you mightn't care because I am just a girl typing this but this show deals with a lot and its 18s for a reason. I really enjoyed the show, I loved the plot and all the characters especially Clay.


Beauty and The Beast
I haven't watched the original in ages but a spur of the moment decision in Galway City found my cousin and I with two tickets to see the remake of Beauty and The Beast. It was beautiful and I loved all the characters especially Lafou and Mrs. Potts. I think Emma Watson did a wonderful job at portraying Belle. I was on the verge of tears during the majority of the movie and the music is great and I have another playlist with some of it in it.


French Films
Other the Easter I got a loan of some French films that my French teacher has. She kindly gave me 5 and I only got to watch 4. I really enjoyed watching them as there are very unusual compared to Hollywood movies, they're quite abstract and slightly weird at times. My favourite was definitely SuperCondriaque, the plot is very bizarre but is hilarious all the same. It is about an acute hypochondria, who with the help of his doctor, tries to find love and as a predictable ending he ends up with the doctor's sister.


Sherlock
I know I am late to this one and I see why everyone talks about it as it is so good. If you haven't watched Sherlock before it is a modern twist on the classic story of Sherlock Holmes played by the great Benedict Cumberbatch. I have watched Season 1 and 2 and they are both amazing and I look forward to watching the next 2. Even though there are only 3 episodes in each season, each episode is 90 minutes long. It may seem like a long time but you get sucked in at the start and then spat out at the end thinking that you sat down to watch it 30 minutes ago.

Memories I've Made


My 18th
So, I'm now an adult I guess! If you haven't read my birthday post where I did my first ever outfit shot and talked about things I have accomplished in the past 18 years of existence on this planet. It still seems hard to believe that I am 18, it is such an imaginary milestone. I remember when I was younger thinking it was such a big deal and now it's not. I really enjoyed my birthday though, I went out to dinner with some of my friends and I really enjoyed the night.


Gaisce Hike
Last week, I went on a 3 day adventure journey as part of my silver Gaisce award that I am doing. For anyone that doesn't know what Gaisce is, it is the Irish version of The Duke of Edinburgh Award. I did various activities from rock climbing, bog running, canoeing, hiking, orienteering and bivy making. I enjoyed the few days as it was a break away from school coming up to the end of year exams and also the group of girls I was with were lovely.

Books I've Read


Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
I finally got this book finished and it took me a month to do so. This is the second book in the Throne of Glass series. I found this book slow to start but after a while you get sucked into it and there are many plot twists. Anything you thought about characters before reading this book completely changes.


Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
This is the third book in the Throne of Glass series, I found this book slightly different to the other two. Firstly it has a completely different setting to Throne of Glass and Crown of Midnight and there are 3 storylines going on at the one time. I really enjoyed reading this as you get to see a completely different side to Celaena.


Nowhere's Child by Kari Rosvall
I picked this book up at my school library on a whim as I read the back and it seemed very interesting. I normally don't venture towards non-fiction but this interested me as it is about World War Two. The author talks about her life and how she never knew what happened to her from being born until she was adopted by her parents and it wasn't until she was 64 she found out that she was part of Hitler's Spring of Life programme to create an Aryan race. I read this in 2 days which is not usual for me, I found it is interesting I didn't want to put it down at all.


YouTube

I've put out 4 videos this past 2 months, one an original song about turning 18, 2 covers Mercy by Shawn Mendes and Nothing Without You by Emma Blackery and a recap video of my Gaisce hike.

What are your favourites this month?

Thanks for being awesome,


2 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday, Ro! I'm getting close to watch Sherlock-- two weeks will be a long time, but I'm traveling for the time being during then. I'd love to watch Thirteen Reasons Why, but the subject just hits too hard at me. >.<

    xoxo Abigail Lennah | ups & downs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Abigail! Sherlock is so good and I would highly recommend to watch it. 13 Reasons Why isn't for everyone as it deals with so many hard topics.

      Delete