Saturday, 17 June 2017

New In Beauty

Hey!
It's been a while since I have shown you what new beauty bits I have bought. As usual, I didn't splurge on makeup, I like picking up a few bits and pieces but nothing overly expensive.


Catrice Liquid Camouflage Concealer in 10 Porcellain
I have heard a lot about this concealer from the Blogging world and when I heard Ailbhe from The Red Brunette talk about it on Snapchat, I knew I needed to get it. As a pale person, it can be very hard for me to find a concealer that suits me. This is everything I thought it would be, it's full coverage covers dark circles, spots and the lot and it is a good match for my skin. So far I can't fault it except I've used so much of it already.


Essence Make Me Brow in Soft Browny Brows
This is another thing I bought as I heard a lot about it from the Blogging world. It was intriguing as it was being compared to the much loved Benefit Gimme Brow. I've never used a tinted brow gel before and this one has blown my mind. It makes my brows look decent in 10 seconds for a more natural look and if I want to go for more of a bold look I can put it over a brow pomade.
It doesn't wear off or come off in your hand as you scratch your face. The only thing is I find that too much product comes out so I have to scrape the spoolie off the sides of the tube.


Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 Palette
I picked up this palette after wanting a new one to play with as even though I love my Too Faced palette, I wanted another palette to experiment with and use the 2 to make more looks. I was originally going to get the Iconic 1 but I realised this one had a better and different selection of shadows.


I love using this in combo with my Chocolate Bar palette. There is a lot of fallout with this eye shadows so much so that if I am using them I apply my base afterwards. They last pretty well on my eyes around 6-8 hours which is much better compared to my Sleek one.


Catrice Prime & Fine Lightning Drops
I bought this on a whim, I was curious as I have a few foundations that are a little darker than my skin tone. I used it with my Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream and it worked fine. I haven't used the lightning drops very often due to not wearing much makeup but I have a few ideas what I could use it for other than lightning foundation for example: concealer, to highlight or an eye shadow primer. I'll give you an update on what I think about it when I try it out more.


Primark PS Face Masks
Primark has upped their game when it comes to makeup and beauty, the quality has improved so much. I remember buying a foundation brush a few years ago and it kept constantly shedding but now I have a fan brush and it is wonderful. Moving on, I picked up 3 masks, Brightening Pearl Sheet Mask, Plumping Vitamin E Sheet Mask and Purifying Peel Off Mask in Cucumber. I have tried out 2, Brightening Pearl Sheet Mask and the Peel Off Mask. I enjoyed using the sheet mask, I found it very relaxing after I had my Irish oral. I didn't find that it brightened my face but it made my face feel nice and smooth. I used the Peel Off Mask the day I finished my school exams, even though I was out sick for some of them, I was working towards them since Easter and I wanted to treat myself. Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy this mask at all, it didn't smell of cucumber and was a nightmare to peel off and pull at all my baby hairs.

What new additions have you got to your makeup collection?


6 comments:

  1. I'm so bad for your bank account!! Fab post,
    Ailbhe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Ailbhe! I agree.

      Delete
  2. I don't think Catrice products sell where I live but the concealer looks so nice!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kathy! I really enjoy this concealer as it is perfect for my pale complexion.

      Delete
  3. Catrice seems like a good brand, I see them around but never buy anything and they're quite cheap so I might have to test some! Loved this post! xx

    - Eternalleigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Leigh! They have some great products and some that aren't great.

      Delete