Saturday, 20 May 2017

REVIEW PS Pro Longwear Foundation

Hey!
I know I am very late to the bandwagon of Primark's PS Pro range but after I saw Chasing Ruby Chat do a first impressions on it I knew I had to try it out, click HERE to watch the video. If you know me or have ever seen a picture of me you may know that I am very pale and to find a foundation that won't make me look orange is harder than trying to defy gravity. It is so hard for me to find a foundation I was thinking of getting an Urban Decay one but thankfully there are a few foundations that are cheaper than that price point.

I bought mine in Primark in Newbridge as that's the best one nearest to me and that shade is 00 Porcelain. It claims to be a longwear mineralized foundation that contains SPF 15 and vitamin A & E, which are anti-ageing properties, and only cost €6. I love the packaging as it is minimalistic and feels expensive. It also has a pump which is necessary in a foundation and I hate when there isn't one.


I primed my face using Makeup Revolution Aqua Priming Base, I wanted to give this foundation a very fair test. I used a Real Techniques Pointed Foundation Brush to put the product all over my skin and a Real Techniques Buffing Brush to buff it into the skin. I noticed straight away that this is a full coverage foundation as it took a while to blend in and I needed to use very little concealer on my under eyes or around any redness on my skin. I used around a pump and a half which is usual for me. I applied powder over the foundation and did the rest of my makeup.



I loved how lightweight it felt on my face, it didn't feel like it was dragging my face down. Also, I loved the coverage, it was amazing and it evened out my skin tone and covered the majority of my redness. The only downside was that it caked a little after a couple hours of wear.

After 10 hours wear
After 10 hours, I noticed that it became a little shiny especially on my forehead and had slightly worn away on my cheeks as you can see the redness. I noticed it started to cake around my nose and chin, there could be a few reasons for this I didn't touch up my makeup during the day, I remember touching my face a lot or maybe the foundation just does that. It didn't oxidise on my face which is always a good thing as I don't want to get more orange throughout the day!

Overall, I really enjoyed using this foundation, it did a really good job and was an excellent affordable price. From the research I have done the PS Pro range is cruelty free which is amazing as I had a hard time trying to find a pale enough foundation for myself that was also cruelty free.

Have you tried any of the Primark's PS Pro range? What did you think of it?

Thanks for being awesome,


No comments:

Post a Comment