Saturday, 27 May 2017

10 Things I Can't Live Without

Hey!
I feel like there are some times people can't live without excluding food, water and shelter. It's one of those topics that you have to think about a lot and see if it was gone would you truly miss it. I found it difficult to make this list but stuck with it and kept thinking. What I love about these sorts of posts is that everyone is different and the things I have in mine, you mightn't have in yours.

My Dog

I have spoken about my dog a few times here but nothing huge. My dog's name is Buster and she is a golden retriever. I have had her since I was 4 years old so I don't really remember much of the world without her. She is my best friend and I know that she doesn't have as many days left on this planet as she used to. She is such a gentle and friendly dog and I love her to absolute pieces.

My Guitar

The guitar I have right now isn't my first one but it still means a lot to me. I got it for Christmas two years ago and I named in Spark, I like naming my guitars my other one was called Squirtle. I don't have much time to play it like I used to. I remember in third year every day after I finished my homework I would have a twenty minute jamming session but now I normally play on the weekends. I also write a lot of music which is quite therapeutic.

Music

I don't know where I would be without music, a lot of bus trips would be very boring without it. I have loved music since I was really young, both playing it and listening to it, I find it relaxing and can really take me out of a bad mood. 

Books

Books, little worlds printed on pages, I love escaping into a different world of Harry Potter, Celaena Sardothien or the many other characters that are within books. I enjoy reading after a long day and I find it so relaxing and wonderful.

Notebooks

I have many notebooks, some have ideas for blog posts, short stories, school related stuff and to do lists. I love being able to write words onto these blank pages and make something interesting even if it is just a to do list. There is nothing nicer than find a really cute notebook in a shop and buying it for the sole purpose of writing in it and using it as a prop for blog and Instagram pictures.

My iPod

This is my mini assistant, I do the majority of my social media on it and anything else. I even used to use it to take blog pictures. Without it I would have to spend a lot more time sitting at my laptop while with my iPod I can take it on the go. I watch YouTube on it too which helps to relax me after a long day.

My Skincare Routine

Without my skincare products, my skin wouldn't be the way it is now. I never had really bad acne but the occasional breakout comes and goes. I enjoy taking care of my skin and treating it to hydrating moisturisers and face masks.

Makeup

I really enjoy using makeup, I love the creativity that's involved and how it can enhance the features you already love about yourself. Without makeup, I don't think I would be as creative or have burned a big hole in my pocket from buying new things. I love experimenting with looks especially eyeshadow as I have only gotten into using it in the past year or so. I don't think I would be as confident if I didn't have makeup as a simple bit of concealer can change everything.

Travelling

I love travelling, I have been to a few countries but I hope to go to a lot more in the future. It would be horrible to imagine what life would be like if we weren't allowed to go to different countries, people with the travelling bug like me would have a pretty hard time. My travel bucket list keeps expanding, my most recent edition is Chernobyl. It may sound like an unusual place to go but it has been opened to tourists since 2011 to go on a tour inside the exclusion zone and this is something I am very interested in but I know some people think I am crazy.

Education

Without an education, I wouldn't be able to read or write or even sit here and construct this blog post, I wouldn't know about radioactivity or be able to learn another language. Sometimes, I take my education for granted which is such a first world problem when over 50 million children can't attend school for some reason or another. I wouldn't be able to learn about over countries and want to visit them one day.

Is there anything you can't live without?

Thanks for being awesome,


4 comments:

  1. I absolutely adored this post, Ró! I wouldn't be able to live without my education either, nor my iPhone (with 500+ songs).

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! 500 is a lot of songs, I don't know how many I have even.
      Róisín

      Delete
  2. This was such a nice post! I definitely can't live without my phone (even though I might have a slight addiction to it). I can't live without music because I listen to it everyday (my vinyl collection is a personal fav). Education, definitely, because although it should be a right, many people around the world can't receive one.

    Christina Madeleine/ www.thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Christina! I think we are all addicted to our phones anyways. That's so cool that you have a vinyl collection.

      Delete