Saturday, 18 March 2017

My Spring Skincare Routine

Hey!
I shared my skincare routine last year, click HERE, you could also click HERE for a really old one. My routine has changed a bit since so I thought I would share with you an updated current skincare routine. I have normal/dry skin which I feel is quite easy to manage. I don't have acne but I do get a few break outs every so often. Some of these products, I have been using for a while and loving and others not so much.

Garnier Fresh Clarifying Wash

I have had this for years, over 2 years to be exact. I use a pea sized amount and apply to wet skin and go around in curricular motions on my skin up until to foams and I rinse with loak warm water. I have to be careful as sometimes this can make my skin very dry and uncomfortable.

Cleanse Off Mitt

This has been my newest addition to my skincare routine, I will be have a review of this up next week. I completely saturate this cloth under warm water and using circler motions go around my face removing my makeup. I then have to wash it with some hand soap and let dry for the next use.

Coconut Oil

Sometimes, I have stubborn eye makeup that doesn't want to leave my face and I gently rub a small amount of coconut oil around my eyes and using the Cleanse Off Mitt to remove the excess.

UltraPure Witch Hazel Soothing Lotion

I keep this in a spray bottle and spray two to three squirts of this on my face and tap it in. I find it so refreshing on my face and it restores a little moisture. I have it diluted with a small amount of water as I found it too strong on my face without diluting it.

Boots Simply Sensitive Protecting Day Moisturiser

I use this during the day as it isn't hugely moisturising and it contains SPF. I know that might sound crazy wearing SPF in Ireland but it doesn't matter if it is sunny or not everyone should be wearing it. I want to take care of my skin properly so that it will look good as I get older.

Botanics All Bright Hydrating Night Cream

At night, I apply a thicker moisturiser to make sure my skin stays hydrated and not flaky. I have been using this for a good while, maybe a year, and this is my second or third tub of it. I take a small dollop and rub gently into the skin. A little goes a long way with this moisturiser and it smells amazing.

Lush Grease Lightning Spot Treatment

When my spots come out to play, I use a pump or two and dab it on top of the demon. This is my second bottle and I love this stuff. I had to go without it for a while as I wasn't up in Dublin to repurchase it and I missed it so much. Just overnight after one application, the spot is much smaller and less red. I use this at night as it doesn't look great when the treatment shrivels up on your face.

La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo

Every Blogger and YouTuber at this stage has talked about this. Effaclar Duo and Grease Lightning are my ultimate spot killing team, Grease Lightning reduces the size of the spot and Effaclar Duo prevents them from coming back. I apply this in the morning as it sits well under makeup and sometimes at night if I am not using Grease Lighting.

Dr Paw Paw Original Palm

I like to apply this after I have applied everything to the rest of my face. I use this as a light lip balm that I leave to soak in for a few minutes as I read a book or go on my iPod.

Nivea Lip Butter

I apply this right before I go to sleep and most of the time I wake up the next morning with some of it still on my lips. If you have chapped lips I would highly recommend this as it moisturises and nourishes the lips. It is also great for when you have a cold and your nose it sore from blowing it.

Boots Tea Tree & Witch Hazel Exfoliating Face Scrub

I exfoliate twice a week. I do it while I'm in the shower as the whole scrub gets removed and I hate when there's a few beads left on my face afterwards. I get a dollop of exfoliator and using gentle circler motion, I buff it into the skin for about a minute and then I rinse off. I don't really like this product but I am trying to use it up so I can get onto using products I prefer.

This is a link up hosted by one of my blogger friends Guilianna, click the image above to check out everyone else's posts.

On a completely different topic, as you have probably noticed my blog has gotten a face lift. I have had my old blog design for a year and a half and I wanted something new and excited. The lovely Abigail (aka Morning) designed this whole layout for me. I love love love it and I cannot thank her enough, if you want to check out her blog click HERE or her design website click HERE.

What's in your current skincare routine?

Thanks for being awesome,


6 comments:

  1. I will have to try that spot treatment as I'm on the look out for a new one! Great post. X

    Kate// itskaterose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kate! It is amazing and works wonders overnight.

      Delete
  2. Lovely post! I will definitely have to try out some of the products - I love trying new skincare items xx

    A x | www.meandmybeautyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Anna! I would recommend to try out Grease Lightning, it is my favourite.

      Delete
  3. I love coconut oil, it is so good for everything and anything, definitely need to pick another one up!
    Grace xx
    http://gracexkate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Grace! It is a holy grail product for me.

      Delete