Saturday, 4 February 2017

The December and January Edition

Hey!
It's time for another Edition. Here's some things I have been doing and loving recently.

Image result for the ugly sisters and yer wan
Source

The Ugly Sisters and Yer Wan Panto

The weekend before going back to school from the Christmas holidays, my family and I went up to Dublin to meet up with relations to see a panto in the Olympia Theatre. We had gone to the Olympia Panto the year before and absolutely loved it as it had my favourite comedian, Al Porter. He was back doing it again and this year still making hilarious jokes and keeping everyone else on their toes. As usual with a panto, there're loads of political jokes thrown in with the occasional politician showing up, I wonder who Lord Trumpet was? It was a hilarious night with scenes being cut off last minute to Al leaving a portable railing on stage and breaking it. For my 18th birthday, I hope to go to one of his shows.


Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them

I thought I would get to see this in the first week or two when it came out but no as usual I was too busy to go see it. I went to see Fantastic Beasts on New Years Eve and loved it. I loved the expansion of the wizarding world and a prequel to Harry Potter. Eddie Redmayne played Newt amazingly and gets that awkwardness down to a T. I have the screenplay and it is now way down on my TBR list but I hope to have it read during the Summer.

Canon Powershot SX420 IS

For Christmas, I received a camera which I love and adore. I have been taking all my blog and Instagram pictures using it in the past month and have also used it for recording YouTube videos. I still have no idea what everything does but I will eventually get around to learning all the ins and outs of it.


Tenerife

If you saw my My Travels: Tenerife post, you would already know all about my stay and my thoughts of Tenerife. Looking back on it now one month later, it was a lovely break away from the miserable weather of Ireland and I loved being able to celebrate Christmas in a different place. Of course, there were a few things I didn't really like and that happens for most places that I go to, except London as London is one of my favourite cities.

Seventeen Skin Wow 3 Way Highlighter

I have been using this as a primer the past few months and I love it. It gives a subtle glow, so subtle that it was nearly impossible to photograph and that's why I don't have a swatch. I place a small amount of product on my forehead, down my nose and my cheekbones. It looks amazing under foundation and gives a very natural glow. I haven't tried mixing it with foundation yet as I don't want an overall glow but once we get into the Summer months, I will definitely be trying that out.

Flormar Triple Action Mascara

I bought this mascara in November when I decided to treat myself to a new one and also all my other mascaras were more than a year old. Apart from the rose gold packaging there is a lot more to it. This mascara claims to be volumizing, curling and lengthening and I think it does a good job at all three. At the top of the tube there is a dial that can be turned to change the wand into different sizes. 


Volumizing

Curling

Lengthening

I used to use three mascaras to try to get a fluttery lash look and this goes beyond those. Even though it doesn't state it is waterproof, I feel it is as I have cried with it on 4 times and it hasn't budged. 


Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

I received this from my Aunt for Christmas and I love it. It has taken me a while to get into but Throne of Glass has a very interesting plot. It is about an assassin, Celaena Sardothien, who has been picked to be in a competition to win her freedom. I have finished the book and I have heard reviews that compared Throne of Glass to The Hunger Games but personally I don't see it.

Spotify Premium

I have been loving using Spotify for the past month and a half, I was getting bored to listening to the same 30 songs on my music and my brother has been raving about how good Spotify Premium is, so I bit the bullet and purchased it. I have been listening to it everyday going to and from school and as I am doing some blogging or getting ready in the morning. Here is my most used playlist where I have a mixture of songs from Shawn Mendes to Queen.



Queen

As part of my Leaving Cert Music course, one of the set works is Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen. I have completely fallen in love with the band and with the song. I have been listening to all their biggest hits like We Are The Champions, Don't Stop Me Now and We Will Rock You.

My YouTube Channel

I haven't been very active on my YouTube channel the past while dies to Christmas Tests among other things, I have 1 cover up which is Mr. Brightside by The Killers. I have been loving this song recently and I started playing it on the Ukulele for the craic. I have another video going up very soon.

Thanks for being awesome,


10 comments:

  1. I've been absolutely loving fantastic beasts and where to find them! I can't wait for it to be on dvd, your camera sounds amazing too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kayleigh. I can't wait to rewatch Fantastic Beasts, I want to find all the Easter Eggs in it.

      Delete
  2. I soo need to watch Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them! I didn't have the chance to watch it in cinema but I'll have the chance when it's on DVD. The Ugly Sisters and Yer Wan Pants sounds amazing! I've never been to a panto, I've only ever watched them on TV when they've been on for Christmas. It sounds like you've had a lovely time recently!

    Gemma | www.anoceanglimmer.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Gemma! I would totally recommend going to a panto, they are always hilarious and good fun for all ages.

      Delete
  3. I use Spotify every single day and I have playlists that I love. Problem is I cannot listen while I'm in the car driving etc... I've thought of getting Premium but do you think it is worth it?

    Ioanna | beautyloverstories.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! I think Spotify Premium is so worth it especially if you use it a lot. I use my Spotify everyday.

      Delete
  4. I'm nearly at the point where I'm going to get spotify premium but for now the free version is enough :p x

    Kirsty

    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kirsty! I have been using Spotify for 3 years and I am so glad I finally decided to go premium. I was always concerned about the price but it is worth every penny.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I love Mr. Brightside. Classic!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! Mr. Brightside has been on repeat for me for the past while.

      Delete