Saturday, 24 December 2016

New Years Goals 2016 Review

Hey!
Sorry this post isn't very Christmassy but I wanted to get this post up now rather than later. I hope you all have a lovely Christmas. I can't believe another year has come and gone. I feel that 2016 has been a weird but good year. I wrote a post at the start of the year stating my goals for the forthcoming year and now I'm going to see how I did with all of them.

Personal


Try To Go More Cruelty Free

I have tried pretty hard at trying to buy more cruelty free products, I'm still trying to find a cruelty free foundation that's pale enough for me and dry shampoo.

Get Driving

As you already know, I have started learning to drive, yay! I have 7 lessons completed and I have 5 left to do. So far, I am enjoying it but it can be very frustrating when I keep konking out. It is one of those skills that you need to keep working at and eventually you will get it. I try to tell myself Rome wasn't built in a day.

Get Yellow Belt in Kickboxing

I am happy enough to say that I have my yellow belt. I haven't done any grading since June as I haven't attended enough classes to participate. I can't go twice a week any more which sucks but I enjoy going on a Friday.

Save €10 a Month

I'm surprised I pulled through on this one. I now have €120 to saved, I mean I had €120 saved but some of it is gone, oops. I found this an interesting task as I have no job. I couldn't put in the money every month but if I had received some for my birthday or something, I would put it in ahead of time so I wouldn't end up spending it.

Stop Bitching About People

This one I have come to the conclusion is very unrealistic as I'm not perfect nor will I ever be perfect. I thought this would help me to become more positive but actually it hasn't changed anything. I don't really know what else to say about it..

Write Another Play

At the start of the year, I thought I would write another play. I had intentions and ideas but I didn't have the willpower to write it. I much prefer writing stories as I don't have to worry about how many characters there are or how many lines they each would have. I'm not taking this as a failure, more of a realisation.

Blog


Hit 10,000 Pageviews

I crushed this! I remember thinking I might hit this milestone in September or October but it was in fact July. I was pleased with myself as I didn't think I could possibly get it so quickly. It makes me feel proud of this slice of Internet I have to my own, that I share my thoughts on.

Put Up 1 Video a Month on YouTube

At the start of the year, I was pretty bad at being consistent but since April I have been putting up at least 1 video a month. I have found it very hard since September to have the time to record and upload one but I still have made a decent effort. I hope to give myself this challenge for next year as I don't want to abandon my YouTube channel.

Do 5 Collabs

I did 5 collabs this year which I am really happy about as I didn't think I could do it. I did collabs with Frances, Guilianna (twice), Nicole, Aisling and Christina. I love doing collabs I find them so fun and interesting to do as you get to know another bloggers from all over the world. I hope to do more collabs in the future. I also did a number of guest posts, 7 to be exact.

Check Facebook and Emails Twice a Day

I tried to combat this as I also procrastinate by quickly checking my Emails or scrolling and scrolling down the never ending feed that is Facebook. I have noticed that over the year I am less likely to check my emails but when I am bored I will end up scrolling through Facebook.

Smaller Goals

500 Twitter Followers: 700
50 Blog Followers: 23
25 Pinterest Followers: 24
1,000 Snapchat Score: 1,729
100 Instagram Followers: 101

How did your New Years Goals go this year?
Have a great Christmas!


6 comments:

  1. I didn't complete all of my goals because my aspirations for this year changed from what they were last year xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! It's interesting how goals change after time.

      Delete
  2. Well done on completing all your goals. Especially saving all that money - I could never do that!! X
    -Alice x
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Alice! It wasn't too hard, I just put my mind to it.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I think just setting goals is rewarding in itself. You learn a lot about yourself. I also wanted to note, that you've inspired me to take a kickboxing class. My grandma got it for me for Christmas! I can't wait! I am looking forward to starting a new year. Hoping we can collab again soon! Your blog brings me so much traffic. ;) Again, congrats on everything! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! That's amazing that I inspired you to start kickboxing. I find it is a wonderful to keep fit and to know some self defense.

      Delete