Saturday, 10 December 2016

My Winter Essentials

Hey!
Like all seasons, I have a love/hate relationship with them, I love them at the start but by the end I am sick of the weather. I find Winter the hardest season as it is so cold and over the past few years I have compiled a few of my own Winter essentials that I am going to share with you.

Hand Cream

My hands always get a bit beat up during the Winter because it is so cold and the heating dries them out, so hand cream as become my best friend. I have them everywhere, I have one beside my bed, at my desk and a travel sized one which goes with me to school or on my travels. I'm not that fussy on hand cream as long as it does the job. My favourite one is from Aveeno as it is soothing as well as moisturising and it is made for dry/chapped skin.

Handwarmers

These have been a life saver for me the past two years, I suffer from cold hands and feet (chilblains *shudders*) and these are perfect on the go when you need a little heat to warm yourself up a bit. The ones I have are from Primark and are reusable. You bend the metal piece and it starts to warm up. I have a different version of them HERE. I find them great when I am waiting for the bus in the morning going to school or during exams when I'm in the hall and have cold feet, I slip them into my shoes. The heat lasts for about an hour which is wonderful when you are perished.

Lip Balm

Lip balm is another must for me as I hate getting chapped lips. Some of my favourites are Dr. Paw Paw, Nivea Lip Butter Original, Benefit Benebalm and EOS. I keep these lying around everywhere, in my bedroom and some in my bags. My favourite one is Nivea Lip Butter Original as it is moisturising and feels lovely on the lips. Also, I put it on going to bed and most of the time when I wake up there's still some left and my lips feel nice and moisturised.


Books, Movies and TV Shows!

There's nothing better than being all cosy in bed reading a good book. I love to read whenever I can find the time. I adore the escapism to a completely different world. I have so many books I want to read and I hope to get through the never ending list.

I find that all the good movies come out around now like Moana, I really want to see that, it looks amazing. All my shows start back in the Winter too like Greys Anatomy, Code Black and Criminal Minds. I'm looking forward to seeing all the familiar faces once again.

What are your Winter essentials?
Thanks for being awesome,


3 comments:

  1. Loved this post! Mine is scheduled to go up in a week or two I think! Definitely movies!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! I'm looking forward for that post to come out.

      Delete
  2. Lip balm is one of my essentials for sure. My lips get so chapped in the winter time!! X
    -Alice
    Alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete