Saturday, 17 December 2016

My Favourite Christmas Songs

Hey!
I ran a Twitter poll a few weeks ago to see what you wanted my last Christmas post of 2016 to be and I was surprised when the results came in that 'My Favourite Christmas Songs' came on top. Here are some of my favourite Christmas Songs, I have made a Spotify playlist of all my favourites and some more that I haven't mentioned.

Fairytale of New York

This song is one of my favourites. Anytime and anywhere I have been in the past when the first chord of this song is played everyone knows the long and sings along. Of course, it isn't your usual Christmas song as it is quite negative and different but that's one of the reasons I love it.

Do They Know It's Christmas

Another great song. I personally much prefer the original Bandaid version to the remakes in the past. I love how it is a charity song and is inspiring to donate to people who are less fortunate at Christmas. Anyways this song is so catchy.

Lonely This Christmas

I have noticed that Christmas songs are either very happy, snowy or sad. This is another oldie but goodie. I suppose Christmas isn't a magical time for everyone so this song shows that.

Merry Christmas Everyone

This is one of the more jolly Christmas songs and I think everyone knows this one. It makes me feel so Christmassy when this one comes on the radio or on my Spotify playlist.

Night of Silence/ Silent Night

Since I am a part of my school choir, we have to do some more unusual Christmas songs including this one. It is quite a haunting but beautiful Christmas song. I love the harmonies we have to do as there are three part harmonies.

Winter Song

Even though this isn't a Christmas song, it does have Winter in its name and whenever I hear it or sing it in choir, I feel like Christmas is shortly around the corner. I have a cover of this song on my YouTube channel, click HERE.

White Christmas

Another absolute classic. I find it funny how everyone wants a white Christmas but the only white Christmas I had, the water pipes in my house nearly froze. Apart from the slightly unrealistic weather in Ireland anyways, it is a decent tune.

Last Christmas

Another sad Christmas song but I love how upbeat it is. This is one of the few songs that remind me of Christmas when I was 4 or 5 years old and I'm not too sure why. Also, it is a really nice song to play on the ukulele.

Winter Wonderland

A song about how beautiful snow and sleigh bells. This song is the definition of Christmas for nearly everyone at once as it comes on the radio everyone is singing along to it.

Christmas Lights

This is a very unpopular one but I have recently found it and I have fallen in love with this Coldplay classic ever since. It is not your normal happy happy Christmas songs as it mentions fighting and breakups in it but it is so beautifully done. This is the song I will have on repeat this year.



I feel that I am so boring with my Christmas song choices as I love the classics.
What are your favourite Christmas Songs?
Thanks for being awesome,


4 comments:

  1. So cool I love the songs you have on you playlist. I made a Christmas playlist too you should check it out at : http://themarshallwardrobe.blogspot.com/2016/12/favorite-christmas-songs-9-days-until.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Samara! I will check that post out.

      Delete
  2. I love Christmas songs! My favourites at the moment are Santa Baby and Christmas is Coming by R5.
    Ranyel x
    www.nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this post! I have never heard Christmas Lights but I am about to now!
    Kate Xx
    http://luxekate.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete