Saturday, 31 December 2016

My 2016 Roundup

Hey!
How is tomorrow the beginning of 2017, this year has flown! Instead of focusing on the negative, I am going to tell you about some of my favourite moments of 2016. I did one of these posts last year where I talked about the different things that happened in each month and also the most popular post of that month, click HERE. This year I wrote 61 posts, 5 collabs, 7 guest posts, a short story, a poem and 14 YouTube videos. Here is a small summary of my 2016:

Barcelona

I loved Barcelona, it was a great trip with great people. It has definitely been one of the highlights of TY. I have 2 posts on my days there, click HERE and HERE.

London

London is one of my favourite places I have been so far in this world. I got to experience more of the London life and I got to visit The Making Of Harry Potter. If you are even slightly into Harry Potter or just curious about how they made the movies, I would highly recommend going. I had a wonderful time shopping on Oxford Street and going into Lush there too. I enjoyed my time there wonderfully and I can't wait to go back. Click HERE for the post.

Tenerife

You may have noticed that I have been slightly absent from social media the past week, well I have been in Tenerife for Christmas. I find it so odd that this year I have been out of the country 3 times when normally it might be once at most. My Mam and Dad decided to have a family Christmas holiday to celebrate Mam's and Dad's 20th Wedding Anniversary. Hopefully, I will have a blog post on Saturday of my first time in Tenerife.

20,000 Page Views

I remember at the start of the year thinking I couldn't even surpass 10,000 views but here I am to tell the tale about how my blog has grown a lot this year. 

First Proper Cast Play

This feels like a huge deal to me as I got asked to be about it a cast. This play was in April and I did a post about it HERE. I still miss the crack with everyone as I knew very few at the start but that was completely different at the end. I miss my character and the slagging I got. I miss my ugly, slightly uncomfortable wedding dress I had to wear. It was a great experience and I feel that I will remember it for a lifetime.

I Started to Learn to Drive

This experience has been both terrifying and enjoyable at the same time, I have done 7 lessons and I am driving around going here and there. I'm glad I am learning to drive now when I have the time, I'm at home and I have my parents as willing co-drivers to help me through the bends and straights of learning to drive.

My Play Got Performed

Remember back in one of my last TY Thursdays where I mentioned this. I know it has been a while but a play I wrote the year before. My Speech and Drama teacher used in her end of year show which was interesting to see something that you had created in real life. I haven't had the motivation to write another one as there are many components including enough lines and stage time for each character. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I Received My Bronze Gaisce Award

I am so proud that I finished my Bronze Gaisce and I have started my Silver one which I am nearly half way through. I really enjoy doing them as they are a challenge.

I Got Longlisted in Blog Awards Ireland for Best Lifestyle Blog

I got longlisted in Blog Awards Ireland again this year! They didn't have Best Youth Blog category this year but I entered under Lifestyle. I am happy that I got this far as I knew I wasn't as good as some of the amazing other blogs that were in the same category.

I Read 15 Books

I think that I read a good few books this year. I wish I would have more time to read but my time can be limited at times. Here's all the books I read:
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger
Vendetta by Catherine Doyle
Inferno by Catherine Doyle
Room by Emma Donoghue
The Vampire Diaries: The Awakening by L. J. Smith
The Vampire Diaries: The Struggle by L.J. Smith
All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them
Where Rainbows End by Cecelia Ahern
Harry Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
Harry Potter and The Chamber of Secrets
Me, Earl and The Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews
Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire
Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix

I Did Grade 5 Piano

I started preparing for this exam in September 2015 and I am over the moon that it is finally over. I got bored of my pieces pretty quickly and let's be honest the scales aren't much of a joy either. I think the exam went ok, there were a few slip ups but I kept going strong. I haven't got the results yet but I hope I will get them in a week or two.

Popular Posts

Like last year, here are some of my most popular posts of the year!

My favourite posts to write were

How was your year?
Thanks for being awesome,


4 comments:

  1. Omg wow you've had such a brilliant year! You've been travelling and achieved so much! Well done you! Wishing you all the best for 2017 xx

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Nicole! I haven't done much travelling in the past 2 years and things just popped up.

      Delete
  2. You did so much this year! Congrats oon 20,000 pageviews as well! Hope 2017 is as good as 2016 was for you xx
    http://blossomofhope.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! 2016 was the year I did as much as I could and I loved it. Of course there was the occasional bump or two.

      Delete