Saturday, 6 August 2016

The June and July Edition

Hey!
It is another Favourites sort of thing. I can't believe that it is August, I'm nearly back to school! We won't talk about this now. Here is what I have loved in June and July.


Central Intelligence 

I went to see this movie with my lovely friend Róisín It is definitely not for everyone as it's an Action/Comedy. I found it hilarious and The Rock and Kevin Hart were perfect as the main characters. I have noticed there are a lot of bad reviews on it but I enjoyed it.

Harry Potter Books

I started reading the Harry Potter books after not reading them for 4 or 5 years. I'm currently on Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. I had forgotten all the parts that hadn't been put into the movies like Peeves the Poltergeist and Percy Weasley having a girlfriend. I totally think this should have been in it, I would have liked Percy a little more. I haven't all the Harry Potter books but I have been buying them, now I have 5 out of the 7 (1st,2nd,3rd,6th and 7th).


Rosy Cheeks Face Mask

I bought this in Lush when I was in London and I love it. It has such a cooling sensation when you put it on your face, it feels so soothing. It has been really humid in Ireland and I find that this mde my skin feel a little more normal.

Philip DeFranco

I normally don't put in favourite YouTubers but recently I have been watching a lot of Philip DeFranco's videos especially his weekday ones as they cover the different things that are happening online both online and offline. I find them so interesting and entertaining.

Trip To London

As you already know from my blog post but I went to London (click HERE, to read that post). I enjoyed it so much and I loved Warner Bros Studio Tour, it was amazing! I loved London, it has been my second time there and I always find it such an interesting city.

Sleek Matte Me Birthday Suit

I know everyone has this before me. Bloggers and YouTubers have been raving about Birthday Suit for ages now and I finally bought it. I wasn't too sure would it suit me as I am super pale and I was afraid it would wash me out further but it didn't.


It lasts long for a lipstick on me, the only time I have to reapply is when I have eaten or drank something. I love the colour and I want to try out more from this range when I have finished my Project Pan.

Source

GoodReads

I have been using this app since February. GoodReads is basically Facebook for books. You update what you're reading and how much of it you have read and your friends can see the status. There are three lists Read, Currently Reading and To Read. I love how easy it is to add books to the To Read list. Add me HERE.

Style Book

Style Book is a virtual wardrobe app. I have been loving it, I find on my Summer holidays I normally end up wearing the same outfits for 3 months which I hate doing but I have no idea what else to wear. This app you can plan your outfits the night before and then you don't ave the stress of doing it in the morning. I still haven't added my whole wardrobe just mostly what I have been wearing. I think it would be great for school if you don't have a uniform, it costs €3.99 and it is 100% worth it. 

Source

Camp NaNoWriMo

For the whole month of July, I have been doing an online writing camp. Where you set yourself a target with a story and you just write. I set my target at 10,000 words as I knew I wouldn't have been able to do 50,000. I found it relaxing to do and with my target I would spend 30 minutes a day writing and I was able to complete it. My story is called Why? It is about a girl called Samantha Taylor, she doesn't know what has been going on with her Dad's work until she gets dragged into it. I hope to put this up on Wattpad in the coming weeks.

I have a YouTube channel where I upload covers and sometimes an original song. I uploaded 4 videos in the past 2 months which I have been really proud of as I normally only upload once a month.
I did:

What have your most recent favourites been?
Thanks for being awesome,


14 comments:

  1. Going to go check out your youtube channel! Sounds like London was amazing xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! I had a wonderful time in London.

      Delete
  2. I had the StyleBook app for awhile, but it took way too long to upload all of my clothes so I gave up on it. Wish I didn't! It's such a great idea! xx

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! I found out about it through you and I knew I had to try it.

      Delete
  3. I love the goodreads app, it has really got me back into reading. I love your other favourites too xx
    -Alice
    alicejlorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Alice! I find it encourages me to read more.

      Delete
  4. Great selection of faves, nice and varied!

    Emma | http://www.fluffandfripperies.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been loving Harry Potter again too! <3 Especially since I got my hands on the Cursed Child! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Lucy, I got Cursed Child but I haven't started reading it yet as I am in the middle of the HP series and don't want to go forwards and then back.

      Delete
  6. Im going to check out that StyleBook app now! I love re-reading the Harry Potter books :)X
    www.sopherina.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Sophie! I forgot how good they are.

      Delete
  7. I'm watching Harry Potter right now! I also have been meaning to check out the StyleBook app for a while X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kayleigh, I find the app super helpful especially for packing.

      Delete