Saturday, 2 July 2016

My Travels: London + WB Studio Tour

Hey!
Last week I got the amazing opportunity to go to London with some two of my aunts and four cousins. We arrived in London the day after the BRexit which wasn't planned at all!


This is my second time to go to London, the last time I went was 5 or 6 years ago.I always love going back to this city as I find it so interesting and there is no language barrier which can help. Even though we had 4 days in London, we only had 2 full days to do stuff.

The end of The Changing of the Guard
We flew out of Dublin Airport on Saturday 25th and arrived in Luton Airport (at first I thought it was Lupin Airport). The flight took around an hour so I wasn't that anxious about it as now I have become better at flying on planes. Then the next problem was trying to find the hotel. We had already figured out what train we had to get and that it would take 10 minutes to walk to the hotel. We eventually found the hotel as it spilled rain.


Sunday was the only day that we had in the city itself. We spent the day walking (ending up walking 20km). We did the very touristy things were done The London Eye, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Chinatown, West Minister Abbey and a West End Show.


I had never seen Jersey Boys and knew absolutely nothing about it. It was by far one of my favourite musicals ever as it had comedy in it but not Pantomime comedy and the set was so interesting as props were brought in and out instead of completely changing the set. I was surprised when it said it was based on a true story.

I kept passing this
I had been to all the other places the last time I was in London but I always like going on The London Eye as it is so relaxing and the views are fabulous.


On Monday, there was a little shopping done on Oxford Street as it was only 15 minutes walk from the hotel. If you are ever in London and love Lush go to the one on Oxford Street, it is three floors of wonderful. I bought a face mask called Rosy Cheeks, I haven't tried it out yet.


Then it was off to Hertfordshire to WB Studio Tour London The Making of Harry Potter. Isn't it weird how it's called WB Studio Tour London instead of Hertfordshire? Just a random thought!

I started reading the Harry Potter books at the age of 11 I think but I had watched one or two movies beforehand. I am currently re-reading the book series as I haven't read it since I was 11.


The studio tour is amazing and definitely worth the money as I spent 6 hours in there. It is so hard to explain how magical it feels to be there and see all the sets they used in the filming of the movies. I will show more pictures than talk about it.

Butterbeer

I also tried Butterbeer which I still don't have an opinion on as it tasted really weird but kinda nice.


Inside Privet Drive
I got to go into part of the set for 4 Privet Drive and it was only because they extended the run of it until September.
Wigs from Bellatrix, Luna Lovegood and Lucius Malfoy 

Yule Ball Outfits
Fabulous Snape

Just heading to the platform.
Bodiless Nearly Headless Nick 


I thought this quote was cute.




As you can imagine, seeing the actually Hogwarts castle was utterly breathtaking. It was beauty and a great way to end the tour. I bought a few things in the gift shop, I won't be there for another few years, I bought:

Luna Lovegood's wand

A Ravenclaw pin and some pencils

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Bernie Bott's Every Flavour Beans

You could say I burned a hole in my pocket as I spent £50 in total (around €60) but it was worth it.

Apart from that was eating, sleeping, walking and traveling. None of the fun stuff!

Have you ever been to WB Studios London?
Thanks for being awesome,


12 comments:

  1. I haven't been but it looks like you had an amazing time! Lovely photos xx
    www.blossomofhope.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Laura! It definitely is worth going if you like Harry Potter

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had an amazing time Ro! Love the pictures too! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO jealous that you got to go to the studios! Would love to go there so much!

    mybeautyandbrowneis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Kizzi, it is so worth it.

      Delete
  4. I went there in October and it was the best day of 2015 for me! I felt exactly the same about Butterbeer, but since I didn't dislike it I decided that I liked it even though it was kind of weird, haha. I have the Ravenclaw pin too and I bought a Ravenclaw tie. Sometimes I wear it to college, which usually ends with people staring at me and the HP fans wondering if it really is what they think it is :P

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Envy! I was thinking about getting the Ravenclaw scarf but I ended up not getting it as it was a bit pricey and I had bought plenty of other things. I hope to wear the Ravenclaw pin on my school uniform

      Delete
  5. I went last year to the studio tour and I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life. I went at Christmas and it was so magical. I also spent a ridiculous amount of money on the gift shop but like you said it's worth it xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to it at Christmas, I feel like it would be so Christmassy and cool.

      Delete
  6. I loved this post! There is a Lush that is three stories high? I can't believe it! I have to go there sometime. I'm addicted to Lush Cosmetics. Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to future posts! x

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna, Lush Oxford Street is the biggest Lush in the world and all the new products come out there first!

      Delete