Thursday, 26 May 2016

TY Thursday #8 That's The End of That

Hey!
I know, I know, it has been a while since I have updated you with what has been going on in TY but to be honest there hasn't been that much going on that I wanted to share with you and things I wanted to share with you, I made a whole blog post about (HERE, HERE and HERE).

I had my Grad Night last Thursday (19th), it was good craic, it was not everyone's cup of tea as everyone had to speak about something, I few people got out of it but for me I ended up having to o up three times but I didn't mind. I was asked last minute by my TY co-ordinator to present a gift to one of the parents as she offered my year a CPR course and we all found it very useful. I was a bit nervous as I was given the speech 15 minutes before I had to go up on stage.

Sorry this photo is really bad quality but I took it from my school's Twitter
The second time I had to go up, I was singing a song a wrote called The TY Song, everyone really liked it and at the end some of my class and teachers came up to tell me that they liked it, I found that very nice and encouraging. The third and final time I had to go was for the finale, 10 TYs sang Viva La Vida by Coldplay and Counting Stars by One Republic. It was a nice way to end the evening.


Another thing that goes on for Grad Night is the Banter Awards, it is basically where everyone gets an award from Rear of the Year to Bookworm what makes it hilarious is that the terribly photoshopped pictures that go along with the awards. Unfortunately, we weren't allowed to do it at the Grad Night as it would go on too long so they were given out the day before. I got Swiftie of the Year which is kinda true.


I am sad TY is over but I am glad to be getting back to the routine of things, I can hear my fifth year self wanting to kill me! It isn't all rainbows and unicorns unfortunately, even though it wasn't academically stressful, there was other stress factors. I have come to learn that no one really understands me fully as a person but I will go into depth in that next week when I talk about things I have learned from TY. 

This year has been a great year for my blog, I have had plenty of time for working on my content, interacting with other Bloggers (I have been doing 5 Twitter chats a week!) and getting better at taking photos. 

As I was flicking through my English folder I found a letter that I wrote to my future self and one of the things I wanted to achieve was getting 4,000 views on my blog, well I surpassed that completely by over double! 


I have still a few things left on my bucket list to do, some of them I won't be able to completely within the time frame, I will try though!


You already probably know what my highlights of the year are as I have talked about them so much about them. It would have to be my school tour to Barcelona and the play I did called The Wedding. If you got that right, 10 points for your Hogwarts House! 

Little known fact, my new sign off is actually what one of the teachers said to me in the hotel when we were in Barcelona. I personally get on with this teacher as she is a unique character. I was doing up the first Barcelona post I thought it would be an awesome sign off. A bit of a ramble but I think it is a cute story.

Thanks for being awesome,

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on graduating and having a fun time at the grad party. Sounds like fun. The trip to Barcelona. You're so lucky to have gone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Vanessa, I was so lucky to go to Barcelona and the memories will live with me forever.

      Delete