Saturday, 7 May 2016

My Travels: Barcelona Day 1+2

Hey!
I am back from my school tour in Barcelona, you may have noticed that I went MIA for a few days on social media, I tried to Snapchat my trip but unfortunately that didn't work out too well as you had to pay for hotel WiFi, crazy I know! I was in Barcelona for 4 days in total, if I were to write on post on the 4 days, it would go on forever, so I am going to put it into 2 parts, one this week, obviously, and the next one next week 14th. I hope you enjoy the post, if you have any questions about the trip, comment below or contact me, there are several ways.

Day 1: Wednesday 27th April 



Getting up at 1 am to get a bus to the airport was exciting, I never had to be up so early in my life. We headed up to Dublin Airport to get the 6:15 am flight to Barcelona. I was so excited but a little nervous, I used to be terrified of flying but now I just get a little anxious. Thankfully, there was no delay with the flights as we arrived on time. By this stage I was tired, being up for nearly 10 hours before 12 am is hard. 


Olympic Stadium
We went on a full day sightseeing of Barcelona, to the Olympic Stadium, Poble Espangol and a few more places but I can't think of the names. I loved Poble Espangol which is a Spanish village that was created to show what the traditional type of buildings were.

Poble Espangol
It was so beautiful, I wish we had more than an hour there as there was so much to see. Of course, there was a little bit of shopping done, we went to the MareMagnum shopping centre.


The hotel was in Salou, so we went out to the beach that evening even though everyone was tired out of their minds. As we were walking to the beach all the locals would ask 'were we Irish' as we stood out big time being in shorts with pale skin.


I was so glad to see my bed that night as it ended up being a 22 hour day.

Day 2: Thursday 28th April



It rained, I repeat it rained in Spain! We headed for Montserrat which is a monastery on Montserrat Mountain. There was an option to go on the cable car and of course I did, the view wasn't good but it looked like you were in a horror movie as all you could see was fog.



Montserrat was beautiful, what you could see of the scenery was spectacular and the church was beautiful. 
Me pretending to climb over the railing. There was a ten meter drop but you couldn't see it as of the fog
Next was the Cosmocaixa Science Museum which is a huge science museum in the middle of Barcelona.



There was even a rainforest in it with loads animals in it which I was really surprised about. The museum had a had on approach to things which made everyone 100% more interesting than reading something off the wall, you could also try out how it works.


That evening, we went to House of Illusion which was a magic show, I know that sounds childish but it was amazing. There was another Irish school there and a group of Thomas Cook Reps. The magicians were spectacular as the acts were truly mind blowing, they used cards, forks, money, iPhones, bottles of wine, handcuffs. It was a very enjoyable show and it was definitely one of the highlights of the trip for me.


That's everything that happened in the day 1 and 2 of my Barcelona trip.
Thanks for being awesome,

6 comments:

  1. I hope you had an amazing time! Lovely photos! I love the idea of this post, too :)

    Check out my recent? xx
    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Frances, I had a wonderful time!

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Bummer it rained! Looking forward to future posts! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting Guilianna! I had a wonderful time and I want to go back already.

      Delete
  3. I have almost the same exact pictures as you from Cosmocaixa and Montzerrat! It's so gorgeous there. Barcelona is so beautiful and fun! Did you see the huge rat-like animal thing in the science museum? When I was there it was huge and it lives there.

    thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't see the rat, thankfully! Barcelona is beautiful and I can't wait to go back whenever that is.

      Delete