Saturday, 12 March 2016

Vendetta by Catherine Doyle Review


Hey!
You may remember me writing about this book nearly a year ago in my April Favourites, I didn't go into much detail then. Since the second book in the Blood for Blood series came out in January, I wanted to do a review on both of them. The review for Inferno will come out in next 2 months (I haven't decided yet).


Blurb

Blood will spill and hearts will break.... For Sophie, it's a dull summer in the Chicago suburbs, until five mysterious brothers move into her neighbourhood. A chance encounter with one of them leaves her breathless. But as the secrets of Nic's Sicilian emerge, Sophie's new world shatters. Now she realizes that the choice between love and family comes at a deadly price. 




Summary

The main character in this book is Sophie Gracewell who lives with her mother. She works in the family owned diner Gracewell's which being run by her uncle, Jack while her father is in prison. One day she notices that people are moving into Priestly's old house which was a mansion abandoned for years. She was told by her uncle and local gossip to stay away from the Falcone family living there as they were bad news. Sophie decides to ignore this and gets aquainted with the boys living there Nic, Dom. Luca,  Valentino and Gino but she doesn't realize what danger she puts herself into until it is too late. She finds out too much about the Falcones but she falls in love with Nic and at first he tries to push her away and then he decides to protect her. She ends up being kidnapped along with her mother, she ends up escaping with minor injuries but still ends up in hospital.

I promise you that this is the bare skeleton of what happens, I have tried not to spoil some more of the dramatic parts.

Rating


I loved this book, it is one of the first and only books that I can actually reread as I normally find when I reread a book that I get bored of it.

I loved this book so much, it was dramatic and dripping and at times I couldn't put it down even though it was 1am on a school night!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely review! I might have to give this book a quick read! xx

    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances! I definitely recommend to read it.

      Delete
  2. Definitely sounds like a gripping book, I liek the idea of the story - will give it a read!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. It is an amazing book!

      Delete
  3. Haha this sounds great, I love it when you are that in to a book it's unbearable to put it down and you just keep reading ten chapters at a time! I'll add this to my 'to read' list :D I followed you on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (doing follow for follow on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting Elizabeth! It is a book that's hard to put down

      Delete
  4. If that's the bare skeleton I wonder what the full body looks like :)
    I hadn't heard of the book before, but I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to books. Putting it on me TBR list right now.

    x Envy
    Lost in Translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! I don't think the book has won any huge awards yet but I hope it does in the future

      Delete