Saturday, 5 March 2016

Broadcasting Waves (Well... Not Really!)

Hey!
During the mid-term, I got to go up to Dublin to Today FM (national radio station) and get a tour around. Of course, I took the opportunity to go shopping since I was in Dublin as there is no Forever 21, Topshop, Lush or New Look near me unfortunately and I like to take every opportunity I get to go shopping in Dublin.

I made my merry little way to Dublin, let's be honest I sat in a car while my Mam drove. We went to my Aunt's house, as she lives on the outskirts of the city, and we got a bus in. I always find going in on the bus weird because I always forget which stop to get off at.

First stop, Henry Street! I first went into Lush, if you have ever been to the Lush on Henry Street, you will know it's small, I spent half an hour there, looking at things, smelling products, sampling products and asking questions. I eventually dragged myself out with little damage done to my wallet and a Love Lettuce face mask *phew*.




Then it was time to find Today FM, it took me, my Mam and Google maps around 20 minutes to get there as we had to cross over to the south side of Dublin and we past the building twice before realising where it was. We had ten minutes spare so we went for a coffee in Insomnia, I had a hot chocolate and it was amazing.


It was time to go to Today FM, from the outside of the building, you wouldn't think it was where a radio station was. I met one of the presenters, Ed Smith as I went in. It was so interesting seeing all of the departments of a radio station sales, social media, marketing, reception, advertising and shows. As I was looking around, I met Fergal D'Arcy, one of my favourite radio presenters and I talked to him for a bit. Unfortunately or fortunately (whichever way you like to look at it!), I didn't get a picture with him.

I was shown the broadcasting studio, which was amazing, from the mic set up, fader music, song select and other techie things. As there are 2 broadcasting studios, I could see into the other one as it was being used. After that show finished I got to meet the presenters who were on Dermot Whelan and Dave Moore. We talked for a few minutes but they had to do something so I didn't get talking to them for long.



Then I was finished! It was a short but very interesting visit. I had another look around the city, I went to Jervis shopping center and decided to go into Boots. I am glad to say I didn't spend my life savings in there (thankfully) but I came out with Sleek MakeUp Lip VIP in Backstage and Eco-Tools Eye Enhauncing Duo Brush Set, which was on my wishlist for a while.


Thanks for reading!
See you,

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a lovely day. I love lush face masks! Also, what is Insomnia? Here, it is a very good but expensive cookie store.

    Christina / thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Insomnia is a bit like Starbucks except it is much smaller

      Delete
  2. Great post! :D Have a great week!

    Rakel ♥ www.alovelystyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you have a good week too.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you had a good time! x

    www.royallyrouge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Frances for commenting!

      Delete