Saturday, 21 November 2015

Don't Compare Your Start To Someone Else's Middle

Hey!
Just before I start off the post, there is just one little thing I would like to tell you, I wrote this post during the Summer and I have always been meaning to put it up but I have always pushed it back for some reason or another. Also I have done very little editing on this is the last few days so this is the original.

I compare myself to other people. There I said it. 
I don't even know why I do this but I think even as a child I used to compare myself to others who had better toys or better clothes etc. Now it has come to a stage where I have to stop doing it completely. I have noticed ever since I started secondary school (aged 13) that it just got worse, I would compare myself to others who were smarter, had the most recent technology, prettier, more interesting, nicer clothes, better at things I m bad at or have more success than I have had. I used to get upset even jealous of those people. I knew that I had to stop as this before it ended up being a never ending downwards spiral. So a few months ago I found this quote:
Image result for stop comparing yourself to others quotes
I think this is my favourite!
Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20
Image result for stop comparing yourself to others quotes

Since then, I have applied this to my life especially when for example I go onto someone's blog and I see that they have won a few awards and get loads of offers to review companies products, my mind goes into auto-pilot comparing my blog to theirs. Then I realise what I am doing and I stop myself. I check how long they have been blogging for 3 or 4 years. Then I remember I have only been blogging for a year and that with 3 or 4 years experience I could be getting awards etc. etc. What I try to do is to make a negative into a positive, flip the board, try to make it a nicer outcome for myself.

Image result for stop comparing yourself to others quotes

I think everyone does this once in a while. 
See you,

2 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Ro! I think it's super important to worry about yourself and your aspirations. Don't bother tracking someone else's progress. They're achievements aren't going to affect you in the long run. Looking forward to your next post. xo

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete