Saturday, 10 October 2015

What I Have Learned From Being In a Collab Blog

As you know, the past Summer I was in a Collab blog. Since I was the newest blogger out of the four of us, I learned a lot and I would like to share them with you!

1. Don't Do Blog Posts on the Day its Needed
I used to be that person who would start and finish a blog post on the day it needed to go up! I saw the girls doing blog posts that were going to be published in 3 weeks time, I realised that I needed to start posts some time beforehand especially when I was on holidays or going places during the Summer.

2. Scheduling Posts Saves Time 
I never scheduled posts (for reasons as in 1.) and also I like to tweet about it once as it goes live. I found this website called Buffer and how it works is you put your tweet into it and schedule it to a time. This has been a life saver to me as there are a few occasions when I mightn't have Internet access and I need to tweet about a recent blog post.

3. Planning in Advance 
I never planned what posts I would be doing until one needed to be done. Now I have planned what I am doing up to 2 months in advance which cuts out the stress of me thinking 'what will I write about next week?'
As you can see, this is my blog schedule for the previous few months

4. Making Photos Better
I have gradually (only a tiny bit) been getting better at taking photos. I have learned that the best time is between 11am-3pm and that something in the background can make the picture more interesting and eye catching. I haven't dived into filters or cool camera settings yet but I hope to do it soon.
Before: Vertical picture, birds eye angle, unflattering background 
After: Horizontal picture, interesting angle, clean back ground
Have you ever been in a collab blog? If so what was it and what did you learn from it?
See you,

4 comments:

  1. I've never been a collab blog. In the future I would love to have one. But that's so interesting that you learned something from having a collab blog. Organization is key!

    Christina / thisfashiongirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try to get into a collab blog, I found it as a real learning curve!

      Delete
  2. Lovely post, Ro! I definitely learned a lot from our collaboration blog as well. I realized how hard it is to manage two blogs. I don't know how we did it!

    The main thing I learned is how to work with others. I love that we could all skype and contribute ideas. It was so much fun. I'm looking forward to revamping it this summer. xoxo

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope we get TLCB up and running next Summer, making it bigger and better!

      Delete