Thursday, 1 October 2015

TY Thursdays #3 The Ploughing Championship

I know by the title, most would be confused. The Ploughing Championships (or as it is more commonly known as The Ploughing) is a huge event that is held somewhere in Ireland each year. This event is directed more towards farmers but there can be other things like fashion shows and lots of stalls for anything you can think of, from clothes to kitchen appliances. This year, it was held in Ratheniska, Co Laois (which is around half an hour from where I live) from September 22nd – 24th. Over the three days, over 200,000 people come to look around.
Me with my hair and make-up done!
The fashion show co-ordinator contacted my school asking for 4 girls and 2 boys to help out at the fashion show, giving out leaflets, helping models get in and out of clothes and tidying away the clothes after the models had worn them. I applied as I was kinda interested at the opportunity and since TY is about trying out new things I decided why not! In the end, there were 6 girls and 1 boy helping out. I had been to The Ploughing a few times before so I knew what was going to happen but I had never gone the 3 days or worked there.
My Indoor shoes which were boots I got from New Look
I wore these outside as it was mucky 
There were 3 shows (11.30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm) that were about 30-45 minutes long. The first show didn't go too well as I was so confused about what to do, you could say I was going around like a headless chicken! I had to help models zip up dresses, put on necklaces and have all the clothes organised into their outfits so it was easy for them to access.  Out of the 9 different brands that were there, I had to help at one and man the other one (by myself eek!). The 2 brands were Carraig Donn and Dubarry which are both Irish companies. After the models had worn the outfits (in total 8), they would throw them onto a chair which I would then have to sort back to the original outfits, this was hard because the Dubarry clothes were all similar in colour.
Dubarry Clothes. As you can see they are all similar colours 
Carraig Donn Clothes
Since I had been backstage the fashion show 9 times, I nearly could recite the whole thing and also I know when The Weeknd comes in when he is singing 'I Can't Feel My Face'.

On the last day, the 5 helpers (or as Celia Holman Lee called us 'her babies') got our hair and make-up done as on the last show we would be going on the catwalk (I was the only one looking forward to this). After the last show, we got lots of photos with the models, Celia and some reps.

I enjoyed every single thing about the experience I had and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

As you have  seen, my blog has got a face lift and I would like to thank Morning for a fabulous redesign, I would never have been able to do this by myself in a million years. She has 2 blogs her main blog and her design blog, go check her out!
See you,

No comments:

Post a Comment