Thursday, 3 September 2015

TY Thursday #1

Bonjour mes amis!
I have finally started Transition Year! I got the inspiration to do TY Thursdays because I loved reading Grace's TY Thursday posts and I also want to document as much as possible from TY. I am looking forward to this year of trying out new things and just not have to worry about school.

I started on Monday and that day was mostly an information day and then we went to some of our classes. This year there are creative options which are yearbook, public speaking, SciFest and Junk Kouture. I also get to try out all the leaving cert subjects which I have mixed emotions about. This term my subject option is yearbook and my subject options are chemistry, home ec and art.

On Tuesday, I had my first day of work experience which I was a little nervous about. I had work experience in a local design and print company, I had to do some typing and learned how to use Photoshop (which is amazing until you see the price!).
Look at my fabulous writing (Sarcasm) 
On Wednesday, it was the usual classes, not very exciting. On Thursday, my whole year (80 of us) had a bonding/team building day. Since we have been a group for the past 3 years you think you know everyone but actually you don't. I found today very interesting and I think it will help us bond!
The only downfall was having to wear our school PE uniforms which I absolutely hate! The only thing I can't complain about is the PE shirt as it looks ok and feels ok but the tracksuit bottoms and jumper are my worst enemies, they don't fit nicely and even though they are unisex, they are more designed for guys than girls. 

This year, I have to do a profolio of what I did all year and it is being graded at the end (eek!). I put in photos of events, leaflets, sheets and anything you can think of. I think this is amazing as it is kinda like a memory journal and I want it to be crammed with stuff at the end of the year.

I hope you enjoyed my first TY Thursday, I don't know how often I am going to does these but it should be at least once a month.
See you,

9 comments:

  1. Loved this post, Ro! I feel so foolish for asking this, but what does "TY" stand for? I thought it stood for "thank you", but I'm not 100% sure. Looking forward to your next post! x

    http://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY stands for Transition Year which is an optional year in most Irish schools. I'm so sorry I didn't make that clear in my post!

      Delete
    2. No problem! I was just curious, aha. Thank you so much!

      Delete
  2. I first heard about this from Grace and I think it sounds great, I would've loved to participate! This was a really interesting post to read, I hope you have a lot of fun!!

    Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think this year for me will be very interesting!

      Delete
  3. So cool :D You're so lucky that you only have eighty in your year ahahah and all the subjects/modules sound so cool omigod - can't wait to read all the posts :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Grace, my year has been the biggest year of TYs ever for my school, last year there were only 40 people doing TY!

      Delete
  4. I missed out on TY last year as I was unwell - I would have loved to have done something like this to document my year! I hope you have a great time and make lots of new friends :)
    Emily (http://gingerquirks.blogspot.ie/)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a pity you missed out on TY.

      Delete