Saturday, 19 September 2015

How I Clean My Makeup Brushes

Bonjour Mes Amis!
I feel there are a hundred and one ways to wash make-up brushes. You can buy brush cleaner liquid, brush cleaning gloves, baby shampoo or get the small bars of soap they have in hotels (I do this one). Before you jump to conclusions, I do not go into a hotel and steal a bag of their little bars of soap, if I am ever staying in a hotel and there are spares in the room, I will keep them (I think everyone always takes something like the shower caps etc. from hotels but that is why they are there, to be used or taken).

I wash my brushes every 2 weeks as I used to wash them every month but I found on the 3rd week they would get horribly dirty and sometimes I would break out from them.


Firstly I get a towel as I don't want to get water everywhere. I then get two containers of water (One warm and one cold) and the soap.


I organise my brushes from not used to it's not white any more (cleanest to dirtiest).


I dip the brushes into the warm water and lather it on the soap until the suds are white. Then I swirl the brush on the back of my hand making sure there is no soap left in the brush (this has happened to me before and it was awful!). Some of my brushes (mostly my foundation brushes) have to be washed a few times to make sure all the make-up and bacteria are gone.


I lay the brush pointing downwards at a slope, just in case any water got into the handle of the brush it could flow out. I then leave them to dry overnight and they are really soft the next morning.

How do you wash your makeup brushes?
See you,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, great post. I usually clean mine with my facewash but I will have to try this out sometime x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have never heard of using face wash to clean brushes but such a good idea as I have a stash of face wash that needs to be used.

      Delete