Saturday, 26 September 2015

'A Work In Progress' by Connor Franta Review

Bonjour Mes Amis,
When I heard that Connor Franta was going to release a book, the first thing I thought was 'another YouTuber really?' and 'I hope this book actually feels as if he is reading it to me.'
Before I dive into this book, I would like to comment about the cover. I love the inlet triangle, it is so unique. The only thing that annoys me (only a little) is the quality of the cover, it feels like a mixture between card and normal copying paper. But let's get on to the good bit!

I really enjoyed this book especially as I was reading it and I would come to a section and think 'that is so Connor that would say that!'
We're in one big social media room together. This is my channel. Don't touch it.

Then life got a little weird. Hell, who am I kidding? It got really weird, really quickly.

(Side note: Does any breathing human even use that phrase anymore- heebie jeebies? I know I normally don't. Who am I? Who are you?? How did I get here??? GO AWAY!)

After Living it up my education at St. Peter's for nine years, it was time to get the heck out of there and move on to bigger (hardly) and better (hardly) things: high school *dramatically zooms in, screams; horror music plays in the background*.
I loved the writing style of this book because it was casual and enjoyable as if you were talking to a friend. Also, the pictures add so much more to this memoir (as you can see above), from when he was a small kid up to now. Connor gives a lot of advice like in 2 of his chapters 'Respect for My Elders' and how he cherishes his elders and 'It Gets Better. Really.' where he tells us that things do and will get better.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and if you like Connor Franta's videos or you just want to find out about the life of a YouTuber, go check it out.


As Connor Franta would say 'Read a book!'
See you,

4 comments:

  1. Lovely review!
    I really want to read this book, especially because it is by Connor, the book just looks spectacular, the cover is so pretty and the pictures in it are amazing! This could be the next book I read!
    Ailish Elizabeth
    Xx
    AilishElizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You should definitely read it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds like it needs to be added to my reading list♥♥

    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete