Thursday, 23 July 2015

The Struggles of Being a Teen

Hello Fabulous Internet,
I am apart of Teens Tell Their Story (It is kinda self explanatory). Every week there is a new topic and we have to do a blog post on it. This weeks one is 'struggles of being a teen'. Links to the original post and week 1- The Struggles of Being A Teen.

I personally think one of the struggles of being a teen is trying to find yourself. As a teen you question yourself, is this really the life you want to and will live? I think at some point everyone tries to be someone they aren't, just to see does this feel like 'Me'. You try to be a sporty, arty, popular person and you realise that none of them are your feeling of 'Me'. For some people this process of finding yourself takes no time at all while for other people (like me!) it can take longer. I feel like over the last three years I have really found myself.

At the age of 13, I started a new school like everyone else and I wanted to be a popular person because I thought that would be my feeling of 'Me', I realised that I had no qualities of being popular so I decided to stop that which I am thankful for.

At the age of 14, I was following the crowd, like a sheep would follow the flock. I just did what everyone else said was enjoyable and cool. I realised I did not enjoy these things and decided to go the other way and do what I thought was enjoyable and cool

At the age of 15, I decided to stop doing things I didn't enjoy as there is no point in doing something you don't like. I found out what I really enjoy music, writing and drama.

At the age of 16, I have come to terms with this feeling of 'Me' that I have found but I know I have still some left to find.

I think the song Fifteen by Taylor Swift really shows finding yourself
"Well count to ten, take it in this is life before you know who you're gonna be"
Some people may think this is a weird thing to call a struggle but it happens to everyone and so does a lot of over things.
If you are apart of Teens Tell Their Story Project please link your posts below.
See you,


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post! I think everyone can relate to this on some level, even as adults we're still trying to find ourselves whilst trying to be the best version that we can be. It's good to just take it as it comes, go through the various phases, learn from them and simply just 'be'. Loved reading this, you've got a great writing style!!

    -Nabeela x
    http://nabsticle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nabeela, I wanted to write something that everyone (no matter where you are from, who you are etc.) would understand and relate to.

      Delete