Saturday, 23 May 2015

A Letter To My Start Of Third Year Self

Hello Fabulous Internet,
Since it is nearly the end of the school year, I thought I would do a letter to my start of third year self.

Dear Róisín,
This is end of third year Róisín, I want to tell you a few things that will help you get through this year.
Please don't wish away this year like I have, I just couldn't wait to get the Junior Cert done and go on to TY but now I wish I enjoyed this year a bit more than I did.
I don't think I ever thought about it but your class 3F will separate for good and nothing has prepared me for that, even some of your good friends and people from your year will be graduating a year ahead of you.
This year isn't going to be a walk in the park, you are expected to study and a lot of homework. There is nothing easy about doing a state exam.
Your heart isn't going to be broken but it will have melted over a few things. You are the only one that can mould it back together because once as you do, you will be happier again.
Don't be surprised if some days you just aren't happy because everyone has those days. You will feel crap and want to give up but keep going, it gets better I promise you!
Stop complaining about everything, you are just making everything more negative.You need to look more on the bright side of things.
Any chance you get, hug your friends and just don't care what other people think of you. They are your glue at the times when you are in pieces. They are always there for you and if your are feeling down they will try to make you feel better.
You will find something that makes you feel so happy and that is acting, you won't realise how much you love it until the day after when its all over. You will make so many new friends at Speech and Drama and you won't believe that you were thinking about not doing it in TY!
Don't go with the crowd, just because everyone isn't studying yet doesn't mean you don't study.
Don't worry about the November tests or the Mocks, they are there so you can make mistakes and learn from them.
You can do it!!!
Good Luck,
Róisín

No comments:

Post a Comment